Since the last time I wrote about any favorites, I've had the opportunity to try some new, to me, brands - both indie and more mainstream. The latter I'll save for a different post, but let me chit-chat about some of the indie scents.
Five (Current) Indie Favorites
- Black Blood by CocoaPink - Okay, nothing new here. We're easing into this, people. However the scent is currently available, which means we should all place an order ASAP. The CP website calls Black Blood a "blend of blood orange EO, Mysore sandalwood, and amber resin" but all I know is that this just smells like the most delicious, sweet, juicy blood orange candy you'll ever taste. It's never toothache-sweet, but always delectable and divine, like angels singing from heaven. Also I wanted to mention - I did a review on CocoaPink where I mentioned being dissatisfied by some of the scents, but recently when I was pulling the vials out of storage, I tried quite a few again, and many had improved over time. If you get a scent from this brand and you're not thrilled, I definitely recommend letting it mature a while. You can buy it here.
- The Horseman by Haus of Gloi - Also not new, this has been a favorite for over a year. I got the hair oil this time around, and I can say with confidence that the scent in different forms has the same uh, properties, as the perfume oil. If you're not sure what I mean, let me know in the comments and I will elaborate. This is, sadly, a seasonal fragrance and is currently not available, but the hair oil will last me well until next fall!
- Bawd by Arcana - One half of the reason I decided to make this post. Released with the Valentine's 2016 Prynne Collection, Bawd is "Bright red cherry, brassy tobacco, Anjou pear, and white amber" according to the perfumer. It is a beautiful, sweet, sticky, warm scent that is seriously lavish and just what one might imagine a sexy courtesan, nibbling on candied fruits with a long-stemmed cigarette holder might smell like. It is available at the time of this writing right here.
- Train Delay by Ten Three Labs - The second half of the reason I decided to make this post. It's funny how you can buy a scent, and like it, but if you have as many perfumes as I do, sometimes they get lost in the shuffle. I rediscovered Train Delay when I was unpacking, and re-fell in love. Part of the Phantasmagoria Projection One, Train Delay is described as "A hot cup of Arabic coffee, a nice pipe, some mechanical notes, train smoke, and maybe a bit of blood on the tracks." It is a delicious mix of hit coffee, slight pipe smoke and a metallic tang. Very much and unusual, but still highly wearable, scent. I believe this scent was limited, and Ten Three Labs is currently closed, my bad y'all.
Bright red cherry, brassy tobacco, Anjou pear, and white amber. - See more at: http://www.therhinestonehousewife.com/products/product-detail.php?iid=833#sthash.kNWR8ZS7.dpufBright red cherry, brassy tobacco, Anjou pear, and white amber. - See more at: http://www.therhinestonehousewife.com/products/product-detail.php?iid=833#sthash.kNWR8ZS7.dpufBright red cherry, brassy tobacco, Anjou pear, and white amber. - See more at: http://www.therhinestonehousewife.com/products/product-detail.php?iid=833#sthash.kNWR8ZS7.dpuf
- Old Havana by Solstice Scents - Solstice has become one of my favorite indie perfumers, and Old Havana is one of my favorites from the catalog (the other being Blossom Jam Tea Cakes but we'll talk about that later). Old Havana is a Solstice Scents Premium Fragrance and has "Tobacco, Woods, Spices, Sea Mist, Lime" according to their website. It is an absolutely gorgeous scent, probably the best tobacco I've ever come across. You literally smell like you are sitting in a tiny beach bar in Cuba, sipping a mojito.
I'm so sorry, but I hope you're able to enjoy these posts as they come. If you do, why not help a friend out and makee your next purchase through one of my affiliate shopping partners? Enter VDAY22 coupon code for 25% Off ALL FragranceNet.com Orders! and 10% Off at Perfume.com with Coupon Code L10.
Hope to see you again next time, and as always - pleasant journeys~