I ♥ Perfume TAG
- What was the first perfume you ever purchased? The first perfume I ever purchased, with my very own money, from an actual department store, was Chanel Coco Mademoiselle. Until then, all of my perfumes had been gifts, but I thought I was seriously classy buying Chanel. To this day, that scent has a certain nostalgia for me.
- What’s your signature perfume? I spend waaaay too much time trying different perfumes to be able to say there was one that was my "signature" scent but if I had to pick a scent that I wanted people to associate with me, it would be Angélique Noire from Guerlain's L 'Art et la Matière collection.
- What’s your most recent perfume purchase? Most recently I bought a slew from the summer release of my favorite indie perfumier, DarlingClandestine, but the most recent purchase I have made and received was from the TokyoMilk Dark collection, No.28 Excess. It may end up in a review soon, because I have a lot of thoughts about it, ha ha.
- What perfume would you wear at night time/date night? That I currently have in my collection would probably be the above mentioned Angélique Noire, or my Alkemia Apothecary New Orleans Love Spell. Very sexy! If I were choosing one I don't currently own, I'd go with Tom Ford Private Blend Shanghai Lily. That's one I'm dying to get my hands on, one of many, eek.
- What’s your favorite spring/summer perfume? For spring, you know I've been obsessing about the gorgeous Balenciaga Paris l'Édition Mer. The fresh, beachy floral is so invigorating in the spring air. In summer I practically live in Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia *** because this scent manages to be both warm and refreshing on hot summer days. It's my go-to.
- What’s your favorite fall/winter perfume? I don't know that I have a favorite, really. There are a ton of amazing seasonal scents done by indie perfumiers that I love - Horseman and Tabac by Haus of Gloi are two that I wear a lot during fall. In winter, Alchemic Muse does some of my favorite seasonal scents, Figgy Pudding and Wassail. I guess the scents I wear during the fall/winter are much more "seasonally appropriate", mostly because I prefer deeper scents like that to begin with.
- What’s your favorite scent category? (fruity, floral, fresh, oriental, woody) I love woody, I love oriental, I love musk, I also like some deeper gourmands. I try to stay away from scents that include a lot of "white" notes, so I tend to stick with deeper scents.
- What perfume are you currently lusting after? Quite a few. The aforementioned Tom Ford, Byredo Gypsy Water and Mojave Ghost, Le Labo Labdunum 18 and Bergamote 22, Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Fico Di Amalfi, Bond No. 9 New York Montauk and Hudson Yards... that is literally just the tip of the iceberg. I can't even list all of the indie perfumes I'd want because those brilliant minds are always coming up with new scents!
Thank you for visiting, and come back tomorrow for something new! I still haven't decided what series to run, so it will be like a surprise for both you and me. Pleasant journeys~